What is tear osmolarity ? How can it be measured and improved ?
A low osmolarity eye drop is best. Eg Blink Intensive tears, Hylo Fresh, Hylo Forte. Data suggests improvements in osmolarity take 2-8 weeks. (hypo-osmolar drops 4-6 times a day) , Pred Sol minims qid aiming to reduce evaporation by improving the lipid layer. Dry eye is very common but can be complicated by many factors.
For Evaporative Dry Eye
& Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
• Preservative and phosphate free
For severe or chronic dry eye For mild or moderate dry eye
• Preservative, phosphate, and water free
• No stinging, blurring, or burning
• 6 months use after opening
• Clinically validated with significant improvements in signs and symptoms with Evaporative Dry Eye Disease and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction patients.
Night time protection for dry eye
Preservative and phosphate free
• A smooth, preservative-free eye ointment containing vitamin A for all types of dry eye
• More than 300 individual applications
• 6 months use after opening.
For severe and chronic dry eye
• Preservative -free and phosphate -free
• Can be used for 6 months after opening
• Compatible with all types of contact lenses.
For mild or moderate dry eye
• At least 300 measured drops per pack, or 150 treatments (both eyes)
• Delivered through the unique COMOD valve
multi-dose application system.